Dr. Benjamin Cowin (DC, MS, ATC, ICSC, CAFS) is a national leader in sports medicine, dedicated to injury prevention and improving athletes’ sport performance.
Dr. Cowin proudly practices at Action Spine & Sports Medicine in Denver, Colorado.
With 20+ years experience practicing sports medicine and injury prevention, Dr. Cowin has served Denver residents for nearly a decade.
Does sports medicine improve sports performance?
When athletes see sports medicine doctors like Dr. Cowin, their sports performance improves. Sports medicine practitioners are able to do the following:
- Enhance athletic performance
- Monitor progress to suggest improvements to each unique sports performance plan
- Catch minor injuries and irregularities before they become major issues
- Prevent future injuries
How can sports medicine prevent injuries?
MuscleSound detects muscle asymmetries and depletion, marking where an injury is likely to take place.
Also, when a sports medicine doctor is treating a patient, he will ensure your whole-body health is maximized going forward. This increases the likelihood of injury prevention.
Here are some topics Dr. Cowin may discuss with his patients to promote injury prevention:
- Medical history and family history
- What physical activities to avoid (if any), and for how long
- An individualized care plan that focuses on rapidly returning you to your desired activity, including helpful exercises and/or stretches
- Nutritional changes for whole-person wellness
- Sports/performance psychology